If you or your children are victims of domestic violence, harassment, stalking, or intimidation, the first step is to get to safety. You will likely then need to get an order of protection. There are emergency orders of protection which may be granted “ex parte” or without the other party present. Then there are interim orders of protection and plenary orders. Before a longer term protective order can be obtained, both parties will be allowed to present evidence to the court. At McAuley Family Law we are experienced in the areas of obtaining orders of protection, no contact orders, and orders for exclusive possession of the marital residence. We can help you obtain the necessary reports, records, testimony and evidence to present your case effectively.